Certified Radiation Protection Officer in NORM and TENORM Operations
Certified Radiation Protection Officer in NORM and TENORM Operations – CBRN Academy has designed this engaging 8-day course in collaboration with CBRN Gate and the University of Rome Tor Vergata, supporting the CBRN Master’s studies to provide Radiation Safety Officer (RSO), NORM Field Supervisors or are people tasked with the NORM Control program roles within their company, such as safety and environmental personnel. It provides participants with detailed instructions in radiation safety and NORM control programs. The course provides the necessary knowledge and practical abilities required to;
- Implement and monitor a Radiation Protection Program and
- Provide onsite control and supervision during work activities involving NORM.
- NORM Waste Management Programs,
- Respiratory Protection and
- Regulatory Compliance issues are discussed in detail.
A course of this nature is essential for companies or individuals seeking a specific Radioactive Material License from an issuing state agency.
Participants should be familiar with operations performed in the
- Drilling, workover and operations facilities,
- Company organisational infrastructure and working procedures, and
- Relevant regulatory requirements.
To maximise the benefits of this course, participants should have:
- Responsibility for organising the training of personal.
- Authority to perform the functions of a Radiation Protection Officer (RPO).
- Be a central point of reference for radiation protection matters related to NORM and TENORM Operations.
- Responsibility for carrying out or directly supervise contingency plans in the event of an accident or incident.
- Accountable for safety procedures concerning NORM waste management and the protection of the public in the vicinity of the facility.